As a groomsman, it is your duty to give a speech on behalf of the groom. This can be a daunting task but with these 5 tips you will be able to handle it like a pro!
1) Practice your speech in front of friends and family – It is important that you practice giving your speech before the big day so that you are comfortable speaking from memory. You don’t want to get up there and forget what you were going to say!
2) Start with something personal – A great way to start off any speech is by sharing some things about how the bride and groom met or where they first started dating. Something personal will make people feel closer to them while also showing respect for their relationship.
3) Know the tone – Your speech should be celebratory, but not cheesy. Make sure you are aware of the tone you are using and that it is appropriate for the occasion.
4) Make jokes sparingly – Jokes are a great way to lighten the mood, but don’t go overboard. You don’t want your speech to be remembered for all of the jokes that didn’t land.
5) Be brief – No one wants to hear a longwinded speech, so make sure you stick to the main points. You don’t want to overshadow the bride and groom’s big day!
These are just a few tips for preparing your speech as a groomsman. Remember, the most important thing is to be respectful of the bride and groom and to have fun! Congratulations on being a part of such a special day.
James is an event coordinator and runs a business about it. He also holds seminars to further educate his clients.